Individuals may be eligible for this program they meet all 4 requirements:
- They are 65 years old or older
- They are one of the following: A legal permanent resident (LPR) for less than five years (also known as having a green card), An undocumented immigrant (including individuals in a Temporary Protected Status)
- They are an individual with 2020 annual income at or below $12,756, or a couple with annual income at or below $17,240*
- An individual with assets below $2,000 or a couple with assets under $3,000* CURRENTLY WAIVED FOR COVID-19**
* They can also use medical bills to reduce your countable income or assets. This may make an individual eligible.
** They won’t count assets until after the COVID-19 emergency. They also won’t count certain assets like a home or a car.